Recruited by Lutheran pastor Friedrich C. D. Wyneken to start a church school in Ft. Wayne, Indiana in 1840 where he also began to preach. He also served congregations in Allen County, Indiana at Soest, Flat Rock and Bingen.
He participated in a meeting in Cleveland at which several pastors broke with the Ohio Synod. In a Chicago meeting with other pastors in 1847 he was formally ordained and served as the first secretary of the new German Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Missouri, Ohio and Other States. The name was later shortened to Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod.
He continued to serve in Allen County Indiana until moving to Euclid, Ohio in August of 1863 to serve as pastor of German Evangelical Saint. Johns Congregation. There he assisted the congregation in the drafting of the rapidly growing church’s constitution. Besides being the pastor Husmann established a school and taught until the congregation hired his son-in-law Heinrich August Lossner in 1875.
Rev. Fredrich Wilhelm Husmann died on May 4, 1904 and is buried in the church cemetery.
For a full Bio see F W Husmann
Taught school in Pekin, Illinois
Moved to Cleveland in 1872 where he taught at Trinity Church.
In 1875 he went to Euclid to teach at St John’s Lutheran Church where he also served as secretary to the congregation and played the organ for Sunday services.
In 1886 Lossner left the teaching profession and established a general store near the church. He died in 1896 and is buried in the church cemetery.
Note: This information taken largely from
the commemorative centennial book of St Johns Lutheran Church of Euclid,
Ohio. 1853 – 1953
Other Family Information:
For additional information regarding the Lossner/Husmann families and Florence Lucille Lossner the Milns family you are invited to view the following pages: